Monday, June 1, 2009

Best Birthday EVER

Well, I am officially old. OK, maybe not. But I feel kind of old. Twenty-six years old may be young, but when you think about your 10-year high school reunion coming up in a couple years, it starts to sink in. Especially since my lower back is killing me for some reason!

Whining aside, this birthday was pretty wonderful. In addition to the Sentra and a hair cut, I got a package full of goodies from home. (I think I like Cory's card the best, though the one work got me was pretty good, too.)

Brian took me to a yummy Lobster dinner at Pappa's Seafood House Friday, we ordered our new furniture Saturday and I spent most of the day perusing TJMaxx, Marshall's, Ross and IKEA Sunday. Very relaxing. The only thing that could have made it better would have been, of course, family and friends.

But momma and daddy booked their flight for the end of June, and we are so excited! I can't wait to see them and for them to see our new home.

Now that we are finally getting settled, I have been trying to think of ways to meet cool people here. So far, I think I am going to sign up for a cooking class. (We all know I could use the instruction.) And maybe a book club. And then maybe an outdoorsy group to meet some fellow hippies. A new guy at work, Marshall, joined a yacht club, but I don't think that's quite our style. ;)

Anyway, this week will be spent running errands and preparing for our guests from Louisiana, Brian's friend Jordan and his girlfriend. They'll be here Thursday thru Sunday. And then Sunday we get to hopefully eat lunch with Quentin, our future, fellow Houstonian.

Thanks everyone, for all the birthday wishes. And a special thanks to my wonderful husband for making it such a wonderful weekend.

Oh, and HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY, CORNBALL!! Your present should be there Thursday. :)

Love you all,

<3>

No comments: