Sunday, July 5, 2009

Home on the Range

I officially joined my first extracurricular group this month. BOOK CLUB! Now, I know it doesn't sound exciting, but it was actually really fun. We read Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury. It was a good one. Whimsical and totally unrelated to real life, so it was a nice escape. Next month, I will be returning to discuss Main Street by Sinclair Lewis.

Weekend before last, Lindsay came to visit. We spent some time by the pool, but the highlight of the weekend was most definitely the Texas Heat Music Festival, a hip-hop-esque festival. Sure, attendance was pretty low and tickets were a little high, but it was the first year. I love the music scene here. It's so eclectic.

This week was my first HIP HOP dance class, which was a lot of fun. While I have not quite figured out how to accomplish the spin, the rest of the "routine" was way easy. And the people were really fun. It was also an effective way to expel some of that excess energy I am always harboring. I slept like a baby.

I also signed up to teach an after-school class for middle-school kids. I have a phone meeting tonight to get more details, so I will update on this as soon as I know more. I am just so excited to finally be getting involved in all the things I was looking forward to most. Houston is really starting to feel like home. :)

Speaking of home, we are looking forward to heading back to visit soon... probably Labor Day. We miss everyone and can't wait to see you!

No comments: