Thursday, January 6, 2011

BIG News

Ya know that big announcement I told you to stay tuned for? Well, here goes...

I’ve been pondering this blog post for quite a while. How do I share this decision we’ve made? Will you be as surprised as we were? Or did you see it coming all along? Either way, it's finally time to share our big news.

We’re coming home! Mama, Papa and Baby LeBlanc are headed back to North Carolina. 

Until the very first day I held my brand-new baby in my arms, I never dreamed I would utter those words. I can’t even count the number of times I said, “We’ll move closer to home one day, but I don’t think we’ll ever move back.” But right there in the hospital, a thousand miles away from parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins, the seed was planted. With each passing day, as we celebrate the triumphs and overcome the struggles, Brian and I both have realized that this is no longer where we belong. Our cravings for freedom and big-city life have been replaced with a deep longing for the simple comforts of home. Family birthday parties and impromptu get-togethers. Lifelong friends and built-in babysitters. Gem mines and fire pits. Clean water, clear air and real seasons. The mountains and the ocean.  And in the end, the decision was an easy one. We just can’t bear to keep Emery away from the family and friends that love her oh so much any longer.

Even so, our departure will be bittersweet. Without a doubt, Houston has been good to us. We’ve grown… and grown up… here. We’ve built a life completely our own, the ups and downs and everything in between. We started our little family here, and for that one precious memory alone, we could never thank Houston enough.

So, wish us luck as we begin to pack up the past two years of our life and head on back to the Tar Heel state. Can you see the sunshine? Can’t you just feel the moonshine?

No comments: